Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blog 22: senior Project reflection

(1) Positive Statement

I am most proud of the presentation in it's entirety since everyone seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. Afterword many students have me positive feedback and how they thought I made boxing graspable by using real world examples and video examples with myself in them.


(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

 P +     

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AP+

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?   The research really helped me create a solid PowerPoint  which in turn helped me present really well. Also learning first hand helped me gain a stronger understanding of what a boxer and elite athlete has to go through in order to be a champion.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
If I could go back, I would train longer and go even further back and continue training from the first time I tried boxing. It would have allowed me to be able to give much more thorough information regarding the training aspect of boxing.  Also doing more research and running through my presentation and activity at least once before hand. Prepared a little earlier than the night before.
(5) Finding Value

The senior project has changed my lifestyle completely. I changed my diet and workout more often now. I will also continue fighting and hope to learn different styles of fighting. The senior project had taught me how to find an endless supply of research for a certain topic and any information that is pertinent to to topic in order to gain a working and thorough knowledge of it. I have also learned the value if self confidence and how to work well on my own. Confidence in and out of the rig are very similar. Fighting a guy who has the potential to beat you up makes presenting before a whole class for an hour and a half seem like a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment