Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Blog 21: Mentorship

      Literal
Log is on blog. 
Antonio Moya (Mentor), since I don't have coaches number, at Fist of Gold boxing Gym in Pomona.  
    Interpretive
     The most important thing I gained from this experience is a brand new lifestyle. I learned how to defend myself and hold my own in a fight in the ring and out of it, God forbid. I learned that with the knowledge of self defense comes confidence, but also responsibility. I learned what it means and how it feels to be athletic and how necessary routine, commitment and dedication are to achieve greatness. 
   Applied
     Every day at the gym, I learned what it is like to fight and what it's like to lose. Every time I sparred I learned what I needed to win and after a loss I trained harder than I did the day before in order to improve. In the gym, I learned how to become faster, how to take punches, and how to win a fight. It's pretty much trial and error, debrief, and improvement. No one starts off winning, it took a lot of training, blood, sweat, and dedication to be able to put up a fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment