Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Conponent 2.

  What I will be doing for independent component two is continuing to go to mentorship. Bryan and I discussed the idea of learning to dance to improve footwork, but he doesn't seem too fond of it. So I will continue going to the gym. There I will continue my training, that involves the lifestyle outside of the gym such as eating right and getting plenty of exercise especially running long distances to improve endurance.  I will begin to do more workouts that involve speeding up my hands, like shadow boxing with wrist weights or while holding a couple of dumbells. I will continue to spar in order to improve my reaction time to stimuli in the ring.  I will also ask my coach to begin working me with the focus mitts to also improve reaction time.
I didn't take many pictures or video of the first thirty hours, so I'll be taking much more of both. As well as screenshots of my distance runs and timed runs. Hopefully I can get a friend to come to the gym to help me take pictures and video.
Running, weight training, and sparing will all help me to explore other possible answers in my topic.  Running will help build better endurance to outperform your opponent. Th weights will make you faster than your opponent. And sparring helps you become aware of the stimuli that are present in the ring, such as the start of a punch or the prep for a combo or movement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment